This article originally appeared at the blog of Startupbootcamp HighTechXL. You can find it here.
If you like this post follow me on Twitter
Startupbootcamp HighTechXL is the best accelerator in Europe, focusing on High Tech companies. We are looking for startups and early stage companies active in the areas of advanced robotics, advanced materials, autonomous vehicles, medtech and healthtech, energy storage, clean tech and 3D printing. This is not a typical business accelerator, but rather an accelerator on steroids. In November we will announce the 10 companies that will participate to the second Startupbootcamp HighTechXL program. Below you can find a list of 10 reasons to apply for our program.
1. We are not the typical accelerator.
- Hundreds of accelerators exist worldwide, focusing on software, media and web startups. We have a clear focus on High Tech hardware. We understand the differences and special issues that high tech companies our facing and bring a lot of relevant entrepreneurial and investment experience.
2. We can open any door, worldwide
- Startupbootcamp has an excellent mentor network in place of relevant professionals. Investors, entrepreneurs and executives in the high tech industry. Our mentors have embraced the accelerator program so much that they are constantly willing to open up their personal network to the participating companies. With such exceptional people on board, we dare to say that we can open any door, worldwide.
3. We are located in Eindhoven, the most inventive city in the world.
- Eindhoven was recently named by Forbes as “hands down the most inventive city in the world.” This specific study was based on patent density; one of the most commonly used metrics for mapping the geography of innovation. According to OECD, Eindhoven produced 22.6 patents per 10,000 residents, surpassing by far San Diego, which took the second place with 8.9 patents per 10,000 residents
4. We are part of the greatest High Tech Ecosystem in Europe
- Eindhoven is the High Tech capital of Europe. Home to Philips, NXP, ASML and Oce amongst others, it has a whole ecosystem evolving around the High Tech industry.
5. You will have an office in the High Tech Campus Eindhoven
- The heart of the high tech ecosystem in Eindhoven beats in the High Tech Campus. Philips used to have here its R&D center. Today the campus is an ambassador of open innovation and has more than 135 companies, from startups to big multinationals like Intel, at a walking distance. Companies that have the potential to be your leading customer or supply chain partner.
- For a period of 6 months you will have a free office space in the High Tech campus. But even after this period, you will have access to low cost office space, in the HighTechXL Plaza, the startup hub that High Tech Campus is developing.
6. You will have access to a great talent pool of engineers and managers
- Having Philips, NXP, ASML and more global OEMs in the same neighborhood, Eindhoven is full of other Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers of these companies — and of course full of highly skilled engineers from all over the world, willing to join any innovative entrepreneurial initiative.
7. You will be based in the center of Europe
- Startupbootcamp HighTechXL is based in the center of Europe. One can take the plane and be in an important meeting in London within an hour; take the train to Brussels, Paris, or Germany; or take the car to drive in any city in Europe.
8. We are the best accelerator in Europe
- Startupbootcamp HighTechXL is part of the Startupbootcamp family of accelerators, which recently received the award of the best accelerator in Europe.
9. EY is a co-founder of the program.
- EY (former Ernst&Young), the global leader in Professional Services is a co-founder of the program. Participating companies will have access to the professional support and network of EY. Throughout the program, EY will host open days, where its consultants and business professionals will be available to solve any organizational, legal or financial issue.
- Having EY actively involved in the program, opens up an enormous business network in every industry.
10. Last but not least, you should apply to Startupbootcamp HighTechXL because it is great fun. We will start a journey together and the first three months will be only the beginning. It will feel like a climbing a mountain. There will be moments with disappointment and there will be moments with great satisfaction. It will feel like a roller coaster. But in the end, this is entrepreneurship.
Don’t wait any longer – Go to www.hightechxl.com and Apply now for our accelerator!